The Probate Process in California
Responsibilities of Executor or Administrator
Out-of-State Issues During Probate
It is important to have the appropriate education and resources when confronting difficult decisions regarding probate issues in California. With decades of experience handling all facets of the probate process, I will act as your guide from start to finish — providing the clear, straightforward counsel you need to feel confident at each step.
Below are a series of articles I’ve written to provide cursory insight into some of the nuances of California probate. Take a moment, read through articles that you believe apply to you, and ultimately reach out to me and discuss your questions during a free initial consultation.
- CALIFORNIA PROBATE ATTORNEY REFERRAL FEES
- CALIFORNIA PROBATE ESTATE WITH AN UNINCORPORATED BUSINESS, PARTNERSHIP OR LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
- IS IT POSSIBLE TO AVOID WRONGFUL DEATH LIABILITY AGAINST A DECEASED PERSON’S ESTATE
- ARE “POUROVER WILLS” SUBJECT TO FORMAL PROBATE ADMINISTRATION
- SHOULD A PROBATE REPRESENTATIVE OR EXECUTOR HIRE A PROBATE LAWYER?
- AVOIDING PROBATE IN CALIFORNIA
- WHAT HAPPENS IF A CHILD INHERITS MONEY IN CALIFORNIA
- DISPOSITION OF CALIFORNIA ESTATE WITHOUT PROBATE AND CLAIMS AGAINST THE DISTRIBUTED CALIFORNIA ESTATE
- WHAT IF A BENEFICIARY OF A WILL HAS DIED?
- CALIFORNIA HOLOGRAPHIC WILLS
- CALIFORNIA ANCILLARY PROBATE FOR CANADIAN CITIZENS
- CALIFORNIA MISSING PERSON PRESUMPTION OF DEATH; COURT DECLARATION OF DEATH AND CALIFORNIA PROBATE OF ESTATE OF MISSING PERSON
- CALIFORNIA PUTATIVE SPOUSE AND DISTRIBUTION OF ESTATE ASSETS
- CONTINUING OR INITIATING LAWSUITS ON BEHALF OF DECEDENTS
- IMPORTANT CHANGE IN MEDI-CAL RECOVERY RULES
- WHAT HAPPENS IF A PERSON DIES WITHOUT A WILL?
- HOW DOES INHERITANCE AFFECT MY “MEANS TESTED” SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME (SSI) BENEFITS AND/OR MY “MEANS TESTED” MEDI-CAL BENEFITS?
- NO LIVING BENEFICIARY ON AN INDIVIDUAL RETIREMENT ACCOUNT (IRA)? WHAT NOW?
- HOW TO TRANSFER A CAR FROM A DECEDENT TO AN HEIR WITH AND WITHOUT PROBATE IN CALIFORNIA
- REAL ESTATE NOT IN THE TRUST PROBATE OR “HEGGSTAD PETITION” NEW DEVELOPMENTS
- CALIFORNIA SMALL ESTATE PROCEDURE
- WRITTEN GIFT LIST (OUTSIDE OF THE WILL)
- WHAT HAPPENS IF I INHERIT CALIFORNIA REAL ESTATE WITH A RECORDED DEED OF TRUST (MORTGAGE)?
- HOW DO I OBTAIN A CALIFORNIA DEATH CERTIFICATE?
- COMMON MISTAKES AN ADMINISTRATOR OR EXECUTOR CAN MAKE DURING PROBATE AND HOW TO AVOID THEM.
The information contained in the articles and your receipt or use of it (1) is not provided in the course of and does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship, (2) is not intended as a solicitation, (3) is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice, and (4) is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney. You should not act upon any such information without first seeking qualified professional counsel on your specific matter. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon website communications or advertisements. Use of and access to sweeneyprobatelaw.com or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship with the user or browser.