It is important to have the appropriate education and resources when confronting difficult decisions regarding probate issues in California. With decades of experience handling all facets of the probate process, I will act as your guide from start to finish — providing the clear, straightforward counsel you need to feel confident at each step.
Below are a series of articles I've written to provide cursory insight into some of the nuances of California probate. Take a moment, read through articles that you believe apply to you, and ultimately reach out to me and discuss your questions during a free initial consultation.
- IMPORTANT CHANGE IN MEDI-CAL RECOVERY RULES
- Are Oral Promises to Make a California Trust or Will Enforceable?
- PROBATE AND BLENDED FAMILIES
- WHAT HAPPENS IF AN EMERGENCY ARISES BEFORE A PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE IS APPOINTED?
- PAYABLE ON DEATH (POD) AND TRANSFER ON DEATH (TOD) ACCOUNTS
- WHAT HAPPENS IF A PERSON DIES WITHOUT A WILL?
- ARE “POUR-OVER WILLS” SUBJECT TO FORMAL PROBATE ADMINISTRATION?
- HOW DOES INHERITANCE AFFECT MY "MEANS TESTED" SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME (SSI) BENEFITS AND/OR MY "MEANS TESTED" MEDI-CAL BENEFITS?
- Is Your Will Valid Under California Law? The California Harmless Error Doctrine
- No Living Beneficiary on an Individual Retirement Account (Ira)? What Now?
- Non U.S. citizen Owned Property in California at the Time of Death
- How To Transfer A Car From A Decedent To An Heir With And Without Probate In California
- Real Estate Not In The Trust Probate Or "Heggstad Petition" New Developments
- Independent Administration Of Estates (IAEA) What Is The Independent Administration Of Estates Act?
- What Is An Ancillary Probate In California
- Individual Fiduciary And Estate Tax Obligations Of Personal Representatives
- Avoiding Probate In California
- California Small Estate Procedure
- DO I HAVE TO SERVE AS EXECUTOR?
- Notice to Creditors With Claims Against California Probate Estates
- Written Gift List (Outside Of The Will)
- What Happens If I Inherit California Real Estate With A Recorded Deed Of Trust (Mortgage)?
- Understanding Wrongful Death And Survival Actions
- Obtaining A Death Certificate
- My Spouse (or Registered Domestic Partner) Left Me Property, What Should I Do?
- Probate Estate Taxpayer Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- COMMON MISTAKES AN ADMINISTRATOR OR EXECUTOR CAN MAKE DURING PROBATE AND HOW TO AVOID THEM.
To reach me and schedule a free consultation, call me toll free at 800-575-9610 or locally at 760-989-4820. If you wish to send an email, complete an online contact form.
The information contained in the articles and your receipt or use of it (1) is not provided in the course of and does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship, (2) is not intended as a solicitation, (3) is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice, and (4) is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney. You should not act upon any such information without first seeking qualified professional counsel on your specific matter. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon website communications or advertisements. Use of and access to sweeneyprobatelaw.com or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship with the user or browser.